A great initiative has started across all DIPS (Dutch International Primary Schools) and some DISS (Dutch International Secondary Schools), where dedicated working groups have been set up with the purpose to share knowledge, ideas and ultimately get to know each other better.
By Manon Blaxland & Ingrid Schmoutziguer, Communication Advisors Optimist International School & International School Utrecht
Ms Joan Roach, Head of Primary International School Eindhoven and also the DIPS secretary, is leading this initiative across the primary schools. There are currently eight working groups that are up and running. These include:
- Early Years
- Physical Education
- Specialist Arts
- Support Staff
- Middle Primary
- Language Acquisition
- Upper Primary
- Inclusion and Diversity
Each of the working groups are setting up mini conferences, which are open to anybody within DIPS and some go across DISS as well. The working groups have created a poster which outlines the details of the conference and the key contacts. These are being distributed via the heads of schools to you all.
Below we have outlined the mini conferences that have been planned so far. Before you register, please discuss with your school who would be the best person to go to these conferences. Also make sure to check how many can attend as there is a maximum depending on where the conferences are held.
Conferences Winter/Spring 2023
- DIPS Early Years Conference | European School The Hague
- DIPS Specialist Art Conference | Amsterdam International Community School
- DIPS and DISS EAL Conference | International School Delft
- DIPS Support Staff Conference | Optimist International School
- DIPS: Primary Middle Years Conference; Diversity, Equity and Anti-Racism | International School Utrecht
- Information & Registration contact: Pepijn Bodegom
- DIPS Early Years network meeting | Optimist International School
- Information & Registration contact: Jessica Deporto
- DIPS Inclusion Day | International Primary School GSV, Haren
- Information & Registration contact: Sue Beattie
Following the events, we will update the wider community through the DIS News about the conferences, to keep everybody in the loop and to ensure we continue to share our knowledge and ideas across all of DIS.
For more information, don’t hesitate to connect with the contact persons highlighted above.